Sunday, August 23, 2009

Pair of cats


It took me many weeks, not to draw it but to get the courage to sit and start this challenging drawing of these beautiful cats, because the color and because were TWO in one picture.
At first, I felt that I didn't have the skills to do it but I felt that I have to do it. It took me several hours of frustation and work because I couln't justify the beauty, color, shade and liveness of the cats. Finally I gave up and stopped it, a little depressed I showed the drawing to a lady, she looked at it, then looked right at my eye and told me that it was a picture. At first I felt bad because she made me feel that I was lying, then I felt it as a complement and achievement because I had fooled her eyes.
This drawing was commissioned by very nice lady. When she saw the drawing, she liked it very much. This lady owns a large private collection of drawings with same technique - pastel drawings -. most of them with diferent themes and styles. I feel privileged to be one of her favorite artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment